Annual herb native to Russia, India and Iran with tall green, feathery foliage. It produces small yellow flowers and aromatic seeds.
- Growing Tip: May require staking and protection from winds. Plant in a warm, well-drained position.
- Position: Full sun, Part shade
- Height / Spacing: 50-100cm, 60cm
- Lifespan: Perennial
- Companion Planting: Beneficial when planted near cabbages. Attracts bees.
- Use: Popular in Eastern European cuisine including seafood and potato dishes. Used in curry powder and pickles. Said to aid digestion and freshen breath.
- Recipe Idea: View Slow Cooked Atlantic Salmon Fillets recipe